The Damage of Longterm Environmental Chemical Exposure
Eliminating Toxins in your home is critical to being healthier, allowing your body to function as nature intended and decrase your risk of disease & illness.
Environmental Toxins Are Hiding in Your Home
Most of us don’t realize our home is full of hidden, invisible and dangerous toxins we can’t see, yet we breathe, touch, smell and consume every day.
- Did you know that indoor air is 10x more toxic than outdoor air?
- Have you heard the average baby is born with 200+ chemicals in his body?
- Household cleaners are the #1 source of poisoning our children, and personal care like skincare, shower products, and beauty supplies are full of toxic and dangerous ingredients. Did you know?
- Did you know that people who work from home and Stay at Home parents are 54% more likely to get cancer because of their exposure to chemicals, than those who aren’t at home all day.
I had no idea about any of this until 2017 when I added up all our medical bills for he year and about passed out when I saw the final number.
Everyone always asks, what was the defining moment you decided to make a change?
I’ll tell you.
When was my child’s, and my own health went downhill in 2016 my eyes were opened to the affects of toxin accumulation from our home, environment, food, personal products and places we visit. Since the, I’ve become a tremendous advocate of low tox living, as well as educator or natural and energetic health.
What was going on?
Neither my daughter or I could stay well, had a frightening overnight hospital stay and a string of doctor’s appointments without any clear answers. A year of debilitating anxiety, constant fatigue, trouble sleeping, skin rashes, reactions to chemical exposure, inability to exercise, stuck lose weight, year-round allergies, and the list goes on…. I had had enough, and took matters into my own hands.
In one year my family spent $20,782.76 (after insurance) trying to figure out what was going on and yet, still had no answers.
This is when I began doing my own research, looking at alternative health therapies, and became an advocate of lowering my family’s toxin load, and getting to the bottom of what was going on.
I had no idea what toxins were or what they do to a person’s health at the time.
At least, not until I starting consulting with Naturopaths, holistic health practitioners, a functional nutritionist, and began trying alternative health treatments such as acupuncture, reiki, emotion code, essential oils and bach flower remedies, and muscle & energy testing – but they all said the same thing.
Eliminate your exposures to toxins and remove the toxins in the body. You can heal yourself. Your body is amazing!
They all emphasized how damaging persistent exposure to toxins can have on the human body. I hadn’t even heard the word “toxin” used other than in things weed killer and air pollution.
However, the more I researched, the angrier I became, and the more changes I started to make in my own home, and shared with friends.
Now I’m on a mission to share everything I’ve learned about toxins with other parents who need to know that simple changes at home, can make HUGE changes to your family’s health.
As a holistic healer (I’m a Reiki Practitioner, Integrative Health Practitioner student, and Mind Spirit Body Release student), I not only want to help others eliminate toxin exposures at home, but also what’s already stuck in their bodies from past exposures to other toxins such as metals, chemicals, plastics, Lyme, parasites, and trapped emotions, that have prevented them from living a life of true health and vibrancy.
The health changes my family has seen from removing toxins and detoxing the body:
- By improving our home’s air quality and ditching harsh cleaners, my kids stopped having asthma and allergies.
- No more brain fog, dizziness, lightheadedness.
- Year-round allergies with severe sinus issues including dizziness and vertigo are gone!
- Parasite cleanses for everyone in my house stopped night waking, constipation, anxiety, and teeth grinding. We passed a lot of parasites!
- Heavy metal cleanses and boosting mitochondrial function has given everyone more stamina and energy (no more fatigue or afternoon slumps!)
- My husband hasn’t had a psoriasis breakout since the changes.
- Removed retroviruses, Lyme and co-infections of Lyme.
- No rashes or skin breakouts from weird ingredients and smells in products (although oh boy can we can smell and feel the instant difference when we go into stores such as Target or with perfume!)
- Everyone is sleeping ten times better!
- We had started to see early signs of puberty in one child, but the changes have stopped this completely and are no longer worried about persistent early hormone activation.
I want to teach you about toxins and what they do to your kids, to your health, to your life.
I want to show you how to heal your health from years and decades of exposure, to get all the crud out of your body, clean your inside terrain, clean your home’s terrain and feel better than you have in years!
Then I want to give you simple and safe alternatives so you can switch out your dirty products for clean, safe, and toxin-free ones.
And actually, it’s simple.
Simpler than you think.
I know you’re going to be surprised how easy it is to make one change at a time and see big results.
Note: You can download your FREE STARTER GUIDE to environmental toxins at the end of this article.
Toxic Exposure: Chemicals Are in Our Water, Food, Air and Furniture
Are the Chemicals We Encounter Every Day Making Us Sick?
The short answer?
Yes. They definitely can and depending on how full your toxicity bucket already is, they may already be.
First, you need to know the history of chemicals and toxic exposure and how you come in contact with it every day to get the full picture of where your exposure comes from.
Since the 1950s over 70,000 synthetic chemicals have entered our food supply, personal care and homes, and fewer than 1,600 of them have been tested for carcinogenicity and human safety.
The Facts on Toxins:
- In the U.S. about 2.23-billion pounds of pesticides are used each year; 82% of U.S. households use pesticides; 50% use weed killers; and 50% use flea treatments.
- Only about 10% of pesticides in common use have received comprehensive toxicological testing.
- Forty possible carcinogens have been found in drinking water, 60 in the air, and 66 on food crops.
- In the body of an average middle-aged U.S. man, residues from177 different organochlorines (carbon-based substances that have chlorine as one of their constituent molecules) can be detected. Many of these residues are from known or suspected carcinogens.
- There are over 1300 substances completely banned from use in cosmetics (by the EU Cosmetics Regulation). A more recent set of regulations called REACH puts further regulations on more than 500 of those toxic ingredients.
- By comparison, the FDA has banned 30 as of 2018. Let that sink in. The United States banned only 30 of the 1300 of toxic ingredients that have been scientifically proven to be harmful to your health and banned in Europe.
- The Poison Control Center reported that as much as 85% of warning labels on household products did NOT adequately identify the dangers of the products or list proper first aid instructions.
- Lead, an element not naturally found in the body, is now present in the bodies of humans and all other living things on the planet. About 4.4-million women of childbearing age may have blood lead levels higher than the maximum safe levels for fetuses.
The Toxin Free Revolution Starts at Home – YOUR HOME
Think your home is the safest place to get away from toxins?
I hate to break it to you, but it isn’t.
It’s actually one of the most chemically treated places you can be.
Here are some more statistics about the chemicals in your home, that are going to make you want to start switching and ditching for toxin-free alternatives in about 3 seconds flat.
- The average person comes in contact with over 6,000 of these chemicals regularly and even babies are born with 200+ chemicals already in their bodies.
- The EPA reported that indoor air can be up to 70 Times MORE toxic than outdoor air. These chemicals are more likely to cause cancer than synthetic chemicals found outdoors.
- Cancer rates have doubled in the last half century which is awful – but even more? Parents and adults who work from home, or stay at home moms, are 54% more likely to get cancer because of their exposure to chemicals, than those who aren’t at home all day.
- Tracey Woodruff, PhD, MPH, a former senior scientist at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says this about the increase in toxic production and outcomes:
“In the last 50 years, we have seen a dramatic increase in chemical production in the United States,” Woodruff explains. Concurrently, there’s been an increase in the incidence of conditions like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, childhood cancers, diabetes and obesity. “It’s not just genetic drift,” Woodruff maintains.
Your home is where you spend most of your time.
It’s where you play with your babies.
Your home is where you care for your family, play board games and spend the holidays.
Shouldn’t it also be the safest place for your kids, free from harmful toxins?
The Overhaul to Living Toxin Free Isn’t That Hard – No, Really!
As a mom of three, the knowledge of how prevalent toxins are in my home, really scares me.
Since children consume more water, breathe more air and eat more food proportionate to their body weight than adults, they are MORE at risk from these chemicals.
I don’t want my kids to have health problems, to breathe these chemicals or consume them on a daily basis.
That’s why I work hard to find safe alternatives.
I did the obvious first – ditched harsh cleaners and pesticides where the levels of chemical exposure was highest.
But, the more I researched, the more I was shocked that products deemed “safe,” “green,” and “natural” contained just as bad ingredients, if not worse!
I began to find these toxins in almost everything, so I resolved to find truly safe options that not only fit in our budget, but were safe for my family, my pets, plant-based and absolutely toxin free.
I’ve done a complete overhaul of our home.
We’ve changed so much, but did it one step at a time because I know it can feel overwhelming when you’re first starting out.
We found natural ways to clean, filter our home’s air, drive safe water and improve our supplements and natural remedies instead of reaching for over the counter medicines.
I finally feel good about what we use in our home after a year’s worth of research and making changes, and I want to share it with you.
Since your home is where you spend most of your time, it’s up to you to make the choice whether you want to continue to expose yourself and your babies to thousands of toxins everyday, or start making simple, small changes to reduce your exposure and…
- find safe alternatives with no harsh and harmful chemicals
- rid your home of as much toxins as you can
- use safe, clean and natural cleaning alternatives
- DIY your home cleaners and remedies
- switch your make-up products for safe choices (make-up has some of the highest levels of toxins!)
- focus on your health
- build stronger immune systems because your body will not longer be compromised from toxin overload and internal systems that can’t function properly
- rest easy knowing you have created a SAFE and TOXIN FREE environment where your family can thrive
Why Listen to Me?
I do not have a medical degree. I’m not a chemist. I don’t practice medicine and cannot treat you.
What I am, is one helluva passionate Mama who believes, and has seen the power of Integrative Health and natural health foundations, for treating symptoms and reclaiming your health.
I’m a Reiki practitioner, an Integrative Health Practitioner student focusing on treating the whole person through muscle & energy testing, nutrient dense food, removing toxicities, improving your vibrational frequency and mindset. I’m also working towards being a Mind Body Spirit Release certified practitioner to identify and help others release trapped emotions that can hinder your body’s health, emotional health and overall wellbeing.
I’ve seen what toxins did to my child’s body and want to do better for my family, and help others who want to make changes in their own homes and with their children, too.
You deserve to live a vibrant life and also have the tools to clean your toxicity bucket, heal yourself, stay healthy and live free from toxins at any age.
As awful as it is to write this… cancer is the #1 killer of children, asthma rates have increased 600% in recent decades, and over 3 million children are poisoned by household chemicals and cleaners each year.
Not only do my children deserve better, but so do all children and all humans.
Is It Hard to Live Toxin Free?
Once you make changes, living with less toxins in your home is quite easy.
It’s like anything new, you get used to changes and don’t even notice them after a while, and honestly, most of these changes you’ll welcome with open arms!
However, the peace of mind you get from knowing your children are safe and you can safely clean every inch of your home without worrying about them breathing in the smell of bleach or getting a rash when they crawl on the floor, is worth every minute you spend trying to find safe alternatives.
It only takes a few months to make very dramatic changes, but in the long run you can:
- reduce household chemical exposure by over 75% and get rid of the biggest offenders.
- use products with a peace of mind they’re safe and won’t cause allergies, skin irritation, and wreck havoc on your internal organs.
- see improvements in your health and your children’s health.
Are you Ready to Start Living Less Toxic?
Welcome to Tox Free Family where you’ll find safe, non-toxic ways to live life with freedom from harsh chemicals, and clean your body’s terrain from years of toxins you already have built up.
To better understand exactly what harsh toxins are lurking in your home and why they should have no place around your family – Download Your Free Starter Guide to Environmental Toxins Hiding in Your Home