The Damage of Longterm Environmental Chemical Exposure
Eliminating Toxins in your home is critical to being healthier, allowing your body to function as nature intended and decrase your risk of disease & illness.
Environmental Toxins Are Hiding in Your Home
Most of us don’t realize our home is full of hidden, invisible and dangerous toxins we can’t see, yet we breathe, touch, smell and consume every day.
- Did you know that indoor air is 10x more toxic than outdoor air?
- Have you heard the average baby is born with over 200 chemicals in his body?
- Household cleaners are the #1 source of poisoning our children, and personal care like skincare, shower products, and beauty supplies are full of toxic and dangerous ingredients. Did you know?
- Did you know that people who work from home and Stay at Home parents are 54% more likely to get cancer because of their exposure to chemicals, than those who aren’t at home all day.
I had no idea about any of this until two years ago when I added up all our medical bills for 2017 and about died when I saw the final number.
Everyone asks me, what was the defining moment you decided to make a change?
I’ll tell you.
It was the sickening amount of $20,782.76 I paid out after insurance from an eye-opening Children’s Hospital stay, and a string of 19 doctor’s appointments in 4 months that did us in.
What was going on with our health?!?!
We’re an average middle-class family and those medical bills had us scraping our pennies and dimes together and listing everything I could sell on craigslist.
I had no idea about what toxins are or what they do.
At least, not until a Naturopath and Eastern Medicine doctor separately, told me about how damage persistent exposure to toxins can wreck havoc on the human body.
I hadn’t even heard the word toxin used other than in things weed killer and air pollution.
But, the more I researched, the angrier I became, and the more upset I got.
Now I’m on a mission to share everything I’ve learned about toxins with other parents who need to know that simple changes at home, can make HUGE changes to your family’s health.
I am is a concerned Mom who has seen what toxins did to my child’s body and want to do better for my family, and if you are willing to fight to avoid harmful substances to live a healthy life, I want to fight with you.
The health changes my family has seen just after one year of making changes:
- We’re rarely sick and if we catch something, we tend to bounce back faster than everyone around us who caught the same thing.
- By improving our home’s air quality and ditching harsh cleaners, my kids stopped having asthma and it’s done wonders for allergies too.
- No more brain fog.
- No more living in a constant state of fatigue (even with three kids.)
- No more afternoon slump!
- I used to have severe anxiety and constant anxiousness, but now I have managed it with natural solutions and it’s gone.
- My husband hasn’t had a psoriasis breakout in two years.
- Everyone is sleeping a bazillion times better!
I want to teach you about toxins and what they do to your kids, to your health, to your life.
And then I want to give you simple and safe alternatives so you can switch out your dirty products that are going to clean up your home.
Living a safe, toxin free life is possible.
And actually, it’s simple.
Simpler than you think.
I know you’re going to be surprised how easy it is to make one change at a time and see big results.
Note: You can download your FREE STARTER GUIDE to environmental toxins at the end of this article.
Toxic Exposure: Chemicals Are in Our Water, Food, Air and Furniture
Are the Chemicals We Encounter Every Day Making Us Sick?
The short answer?
But you need to know the history of chemicals and toxic exposure and how you come in contact with it every day to get the full picture.
Since the 1950s over 70,000 synthetic chemicals have entered our food supply, personal care and homes, and fewer than 1,600 of them have been tested for carcinogenicity and human safety.
Get the Facts on Toxins:
- In the U.S. about 2.23-billion pounds of pesticides are used each year; 82% of U.S. households use pesticides; 50% use weed killers; and 50% use flea treatments.
- Only about 10% of pesticides in common use have received comprehensive toxicological testing.
- Forty possible carcinogens have been found in drinking water, 60 in the air, and 66 on food crops.
- In the body of an average middle-aged U.S. man, residues from177 different organochlorines (carbon-based substances that have chlorine as one of their constituent molecules) can be detected. Many of these residues are from known or suspected carcinogens.
- There are over 1300 substances completely banned from use in cosmetics (by the EU Cosmetics Regulation). A more recent set of regulations called REACH puts further regulations on more than 500 of those toxic ingredients.
- By comparison, the FDA has banned 30 as of 2018. Let that sink in. The United States banned only 30 of the 1300 of toxic ingredients that have been scientifically proven to be harmful to your health and banned in Europe.
- The Poison Control Center reported that as much as 85% of warning labels on household products did NOT adequately identify the dangers of the products or list proper first aid instructions.
- Lead, an element not naturally found in the body, is now present in the bodies of humans and all other living things on the planet. About 4.4-million women of childbearing age may have blood lead levels higher than the maximum safe levels for fetuses.
The Toxin Free Revolution Starts at Home – YOUR HOME
Think your home is the safest place to get away from toxins?
I hate to break it to you, but it isn’t.
It’s actually one of the most chemically treated places you can be.
Here are some more statistics about the chemicals in your home, that are going to make you want to start switching and ditching for toxin-free alternatives in about 3 seconds flat.
- The average person comes in contact with over 6,000 of these chemicals regularly and even babies are born with 200+ chemicals already in their bodies.
- The EPA reported that indoor air can be up to 70 Times MORE toxic than outdoor air. These chemicals are more likely to cause cancer than synthetic chemicals found outdoors.
- Cancer rates have doubled in the last half century which is awful – but even more? Parents and adults who work from home, or stay at home moms, are 54% more likely to get cancer because of their exposure to chemicals, than those who aren’t at home all day.
- Tracey Woodruff, PhD, MPH, a former senior scientist at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says this about the increase in toxic production and outcomes:
“In the last 50 years, we have seen a dramatic increase in chemical production in the United States,” Woodruff explains. Concurrently, there’s been an increase in the incidence of conditions like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, childhood cancers, diabetes and obesity. “It’s not just genetic drift,” Woodruff maintains.
Your home is where you spend most of your time.
It’s where you play with your babies.
Your home is where you care for your family, play board games and spend the holidays.
Shouldn’t it also be the safest place for your kids, free from harmful toxins?
The Overhaul to Living Toxin Free Isn’t That Hard – No, Really!
As a mom of three, the knowledge of how prevalent toxins are in my home, really scares me.
Since children consume more water, breathe more air and eat more food proportionate to their body weight than adults, they are MORE at risk from these chemicals.
I don’t want my kids to have health problems, to breathe these chemicals or consume them on a daily basis.
That’s why I work hard to find safe alternatives.
I did the obvious first – ditched harsh cleaners and pesticides where the levels of chemical exposure was highest.
But, the more I researched, the more I was shocked that products deemed “safe,” “green,” and “natural” contained just as bad ingredients, if not worse!
I began to find these toxins in almost everything, so I resolved to find truly safe options that not only fit in our budget, but were safe for my family, my pets, plant-based and absolutely toxin free.
I’ve done a complete overhaul of our home.
We’ve changed so much, but did it one step at a time because I know it can feel overwhelming when you’re first starting out.
We found natural ways to clean, filter our home’s air, drive safe water and improve our supplements and natural remedies instead of reaching for over the counter medicines.
I finally feel good about what we use in our home after a year’s worth of research and making changes, and I want to share it with you.
Since your home is where you spend most of your time, it’s up to you to make the choice whether you want to continue to expose yourself and your babies to thousands of toxins everyday, or start making simple, small changes to reduce your exposure and…
- find safe alternatives with no harsh and harmful chemicals
- rid your home of as much toxins as you can
- use safe, clean and natural cleaning alternatives
- DIY your home cleaners and remedies
- switch your make-up products for safe choices (make-up has some of the highest levels of toxins!)
- focus on your health
- build stronger immune systems because your body will not longer be compromised from toxin overload and internal systems that can’t function properly
- rest easy knowing you have created a SAFE and TOXIN FREE environment where your family can thrive
Why Listen to Me?
I’m not a doctor. I’m not a chemist. I’m not a healer.
What I am is a concerned Mom of three kids who has seen what toxins did to my child’s body and want to do better for my family, and help others who are willing to fight to avoid harmful substances and live a healthy life.
You deserve to live toxin free.
Because as sad as it is… cancer is the #1 killer of children, asthma rates have increased 600% in recent decades, and over 3 million children are poisoned by household chemicals and cleaners each year.
That makes me angry.
It turned me into a Mama bear because not only do my children deserve better, but so do all children!
Is It Hard to Live Toxin Free?
Once you make changes, living with less toxins in your home is actually quite easy.
And the peace of mind you get from knowing your children are safe and you can safely clean every inch of your home, is worth every minute you spend trying to find safe alternatives.
It isn’t as hard as you might think. It only takes a few moths to make all the changes, but in the long run you can:
- reduce household chemical exposure by over 75% and get rid of the biggest offenders.
- use products with a peace of mind they’re safe and won’t cause allergies, skin irritation, and wreck havoc on your internal organs.
- see improvements in your health and your children’s health.
Are you Ready to Start Living Less Toxic?
Welcome to Tox Free Family where you’ll find safe, non-toxic ways to live life with freedom from harsh chemicals.
To better understand exactly what harsh toxins are lurking in your home and why they should have no place around your family – Download Your Free Starter Guide to Environmental Toxins Hiding in Your Home